Friday, December 23, 2011

sweet potato gnocchi


 

I absolutely love love love gnocchi. I'm positive I've sampled the gnocchi at every restaurant we've been to on the island. 

When I found this recipe on Vegan Soul Power, it looked way too yummy not to try. 


I used 2 large sweet potatoes so had to use way more flour than the recipe called for- probably close to 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour. I froze my entire batch, it will probably be enough for 3-4 meals. I really like having things in the freezer I can quickly de-thaw, heat & serve.

the finished product complete with a pesto sauce, onions & garlic: 


Next time I'll use an alfredo sauce and skip the onions and garlic, but this was delicious despite having a few too many flavors for my liking (Dan thought it was perfect as is though- and he promised he wasn't just 'saying that'). Definitely a recipe I will make again and much easier than I thought gnocchi would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment